Skilled Advocacy In Hamburg Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation
Concussions and similar head injuries were once downplayed with phrases like “getting your bell rung.” In recent years, however, modern science has shown just how dangerous and devastating traumatic brain injuries can be. They can have an especially large impact on children, whose brains are still developing.
If you or someone you love suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in Hamburg because of the negligence or intentional acts of another party, contact the skilled and caring attorneys at Chiacchia & Fleming, LLP, in Hamburg, New York. Our firm has earned a strong reputation for helping clients recover much-needed compensation in personal injury litigation. We will fight just as hard for your family.
Who Is Responsible For Your Injuries?
When you contact our Hamburg brain injury firm, our attorneys work quickly to identify all potentially liable parties who caused or contributed to your brain injury. Common examples include:
- A drunk, distracted or otherwise negligent driver who causes a motor vehicle accident
- A business owner who failed to warn of wet and slippery floors, resulting in a slip-and-fall accident
- The manufacturer of a dangerous, defective or faulty product (such as air bags that didn’t deploy in a crash)
- Another person who assaulted you (both criminal and civil liability may be appropriate)
- The owner of a construction site where objects fell on you as you walked past
- Your child’s school district for traumatic brain injuries resulting from negligent sports coaching
It is sometimes possible to hold two or more defendants responsible for the same accident. For instance, if you were hit by a distracted driver and your injuries were made worse because your air bags didn’t deploy, you could sue both the other driver and the vehicle manufacturer.
The Symptoms And Long-Term Effects Of Brain Injury
Each person experiences a brain injury somewhat differently, and the short- and long-term effects will depend on factors like the severity of the injury, the victim’s age and what parts of the brain were affected. Commonly expected symptoms can include:
- Headaches and nausea (even well after the initial trauma)
- Dizziness and balance issues
- Trouble with concentration or sustained attention
- Difficulty with speech and communication
- Cognitive impairment and memory loss
- Significant changes in sleep amount and quality
- Irritability, depression and mood changes
- Personality changes
- Permanent cognitive disability
While many Hamburg TBI victims are able to recover or at least improve, the process can take months or years. It also requires significant ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitative therapy, which requires a major investment of both time and money. Some victims are permanently changed by their injuries.
Because a Hamburg brain injury prognosis may be impossible to accurately predict, we work to ensure that victims and their families have the financial resources they need to cover future care and expenses, not just those that have already occurred.
Tell Us Your Story During A Free Initial Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to the negligence of another person, business or organization, contact the skilled and caring TBI attorneys at Chiacchia & Fleming, LLP. We are based in Hamburg, New York, and serve clients throughout the surrounding areas. To schedule your free consultation, give us a call at 888-655-6122 or send us an email.