Hamburg Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys
The spinal cord is sometimes referred to as the body’s information highway. All signals, sensations and communication between your body and brain are transmitted through this critical pathway. For this reason and many more, any accident that injures or permanently damages your spinal cord is likely to be devastating.
If you’ve suffered a spinal injury as the result of someone else’s negligence, you will likely need significant financial help to compensate you for medical bills and future medical costs, lost wages and major changes to your daily life. The spinal cord attorneys at Chiacchia & Fleming, LLP, have the experience, knowledge and tenacity to aggressively help you claim the compensation you need and deserve. Our practice has been serving clients in Hamburg, New York, and the surrounding areas for decades.
Common Causes Of Hamburg Spine Injuries
Our spines are generally sturdy and resilient, but everything has its limits. Spinal injuries are often the result of physical trauma in scenarios such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents (especially rear-end collisions and those resulting in crushing forces on the torso)
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Assaults and intentional attacks
- Falls from height or being struck by heavy falling objects
- Being struck by a car as a pedestrian or bicyclist
- On-the-job accidents, including construction site accidents
- Sports injuries, including in youth leagues with inadequate safety equipment or negligent coaching practices
Chiacchia & Fleming regularly helps clients hold the at-fault parties accountable for causing the victim their life-changing spinal cord injuries. The scenarios mentioned above are only a partial list of the types of common causes of spinal injuries.
The Physical And Financial Consequences Of Spinal Damage
The type and extent of spinal injuries in a given case depend on which part of the spine was damaged and how badly. Common outcomes after spinal cord injuries include:
- Chronic pain that cannot always be treated with rehabilitation services or surgery
- Limited mobility and coordination issues that make it difficult to continue working
- Paralysis (paraplegia or quadriplegia) that may be temporary or permanent
- Months or years of continued medical treatments, rehabilitation and other services
- Lost wages from time spent unable to work
- The costs of making disability adaptations to your home and vehicle
- Reduced quality of life
Covering these expenses may be impossible without taking legal action to ensure you receive appropriate compensation. Our Hamburg spine attorneys are ready to go up against the at-fault party and all concerned insurance companies to ensure that you receive the funds you need to live as normally as possible after your injury.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Case For Free
Chiacchia & Fleming provides comprehensive personal injury reputation to clients in Hamburg and surrounding areas of New York. We offer free initial consultations to prospective clients who want to learn more about their legal options. To schedule yours, give us a call at 888-655-6122 or fill out our online contact form.