Injured On Municipal Property

Slip and Fall Injury on Property Owned By a Municipality

Watch the following educational legal video by Hamburg injury attorney Tiffany M. Kopacz to learn what you should do if you or a loved one was injured on municipal property.

Read Our FREE Slip and Fall Guide
In one case, a client was at a local park, and because the park was not maintained well, my client tripped and fell, sustaining an injury. This park was owned by a municipality, and my client thus had certain time constraints to bring a claim. Whenever there is an injury that is caused by the condition of a municipal or state property, such as a public space or a vehicle owned by the county, the time-frame to bring a claim is shorter.

In cases such as this, law requires victims of the accident to bring a Notice of Claim, or an intention to file a claim, within 90 days of the date of the injury or the occurrence that caused the injury. If you find yourself in a situation in which you know that the injury was caused by the actions of a municipal worker or was sustained on property owned by a municipality, you must consult with an attorney immediately. Once you have informed an attorney of the incident that resulted in your injury, he or she can take the necessary steps to preserve your claim.

If you or someone you love was injured on municipal property such as a park, street, or any other property owned by a municipality, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact the dedicated Hamburg injury attorneys at Chiacchia & Fleming LLP.  We are aggressive and determined when it comes to making our clients whole.

Related Slip and Fall Injury Videos