Lisa A. Poch
- Personal Injury
- Employment Discrimination
Lisa Poch joined Chiacchia & Fleming, LLP in 2007. Though she handles a variety of legal matters, her practice is focused on representing people who have been seriously injured in accidents, as well as employment discrimination claims. She practices in both the state and federal courts of New York. Ms. Poch graduated, with distinction, from the University of Toronto in 2005 with an Honors Bachelor of Arts in political science and history. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Buffalo Law School in 2008 and earned the Robert J. Connelly Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy. A native Western New Yorker, Ms. Poch is an active supporter of Hospice Buffalo.
Ms. Poch has been named a Rising Star for plaintiff's personal injury litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine for the past six years and is also a Buffalo Business First 40 under 40 nominee. Lisa is admitted to practice in all of the Courts of the State of New York, as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of New York and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. She has argued appeals before the New York State Appellate Division, New York State Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. She has also handled matters before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and New York State Division of Human Rights. She is a member of the Erie County Bar Association, the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York (Western New York Chapter), where she is a Local Director, and a co-chair of the Labor & Employment Committee, the Judicial Screening Committee and the CLE Committee, as well as the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. Lisa currently serves as Town Attorney for the Town of Hamburg, New York.
Lisa and her husband reside in the Village of Hamburg with their three children. They enjoy traveling, volunteering and cheering on the Buffalo Bills!
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- Juris Doctor - 2008
- Honors: Robert J. Connelly Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- University of Toronto
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2005
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Political Science
- Major: History
- Erie County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York (Western New York Chapter), Local Director and Co-Chair Labor & Employment Committee, Judicial Screening Committee and CLE Committee
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Current Employment Positions
- New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Rising Star for plaintiff’s personal injury litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Buffalo Business First 40 Under 40 nominee