Daniel J. Chiacchia
- Personal Injury
- Sexual Abuse
Daniel J. Chiacchia is the Founding Partner of Chiacchia & Fleming, LLP who devotes his practice to representing those who have been injured as a result of an accident or other mishap. He also represents those who have been victims of child sexual abuse pursuing multiple claims under the Child Victims Act.
Mr. Chiacchia, before entering private practice, was a prosecutor with the Erie County District Attorney's office where he tried hundreds of criminal cases to hone his trial skills. Since entering private practice and forming the firm of Chiacchia & Fleming, LLP, Mr. Chiacchia has established himself as one of the best trial lawyers in Western New York. He is both aggressive and practical, routinely achieving success for his clients whether it be a million dollar personal injury verdict or negotiating a substantial settlement.
Mr. Chiacchia is a member of the Erie County Bar Association and the American Trial Lawyers Association. He is admitted in New York State and Massachusetts as well as the United States District Court, Western District. Mr. Chiacchia received his law degree from SUNY at Buffalo School of Law and his bachelor of arts degree from SUNY at Fredonia.
Mr. Chiacchia has taken an active role in his community acting as a volunteer coach for basketball and football for several years. He was also instrumental in establishing the mock trial program at his alma mater, Frontier High School, and received accommodations for his many hours of service to the school. Frontier continues to compete quite successfully in the NYS mock trial competition. Mr. Chiacchia continues to volunteer his time lecturing at local high schools and colleges.
- Walsh Fleming & Chiacchia, P.C., Attorney, 1992 to 1998
- Erie County District Attorney's Office, Prosecutor, 1989 to 1992
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- State University at Fredonia, Fredonia, New York
- B.A. - 1984
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Political Science
- Knights of Columbus, Member, 1998
- Buffalo Old Boys Rugby Club, Member, 1986 to 1993
- Buffalo Area Runners, Member, 1990
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association Western Region Affiliate
Current Employment Positions
- Founding Partner
- Massachusetts, 1988
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 1992